Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crochet Project: Gift Bags

About a year ago I decided I needed a new challenge with crocheting, since I only had taught myself how to make squared items, like scarves and blankets.  I was also looking for a way to use up bits of yarn that couldn't be turned into much.

Bernat has a free pattern on their website for a gift bag similar to this one.  (Their pattern has handles, which I didn't like when I made the first one.)  I know this wouldn't be much of a "challenge" to a seasoned crocheter, but I haven't been doing this very long.

Any leftover yarn I have from making blankets now gets turned into reusable gift bags that won't tear and end up in the recycling bin.  (This particular bag will have a different color tie eventually.)

This is a great small project to work on while waiting for an appointment or while picking up the kids from someplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment