Saturday, November 10, 2012

Opportunity to Give

As I was thinking about an old high school friend and her battle with breast cancer this week, an idea was planted in my head as to how I could help her raise the needed money for her medical expenses.  

Melissa just began her aggressive cancer treatments to attack the cells threatening her body.  Because of the plan of attack, she has had to leave her job until post-treatment and has far more medical bills to face than was originally expected.  I don't know about you, but I know that when I am dealing with stress like financial problems, the problems seem to intensify.  (Add to it that even tonight, unexpected bills are accruing due to an ER trip as a result to a severe reaction to her chemo treatment.)

A friend of Melissa's started a fundraiser through Give Forward, so that anyone could make a financial contribution.  What a great idea!  However, I also know that times are hard for so many, including my own family.  A little creativity can go along way, though, and I hope that as Christmas approaches this may be an opportunity for someone to pick up a little gift for someone while helping my friend.

I will be adding more to this as I am able, but to start I have two sets of greeting cards for sale.  The entire amount received (minus postage if necessary) will go to Melissa.  

Bee Patriotic
This is a set of 4 blank notecards of the same design.  Card size is 4.25" x 5.5."  Envelopes included.  Price is $10.00 (plus $2 for postage if necessary).

For the Love of Chocolate
This is a set of 4 blank notecards of different designs.  Card size is 4.25" x 5.5."  Envelopes included.  Price is $10.00 (plus $2 for postage if necessary).




Although I am posting this on my blog, most of my blog readers know how to contact me.  Currently I only have these two sets available (so first come, first served), but more are to come and special orders may be possible.  

Most importantly, please keep Melissa and her husband in your prayers and thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment