Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Fresh Start

Today is January 1, 2013, and I feel that I should have some profound words to share...a list of goals for the new year, encouraging words about what the new year may hold, something.  However, for as long as I can remember, January 1 has been a day that leaves me feeling melancholy.

Nothing tragic has happened in my life during this time period, yet I have memories from middle school and high school of feeling very down on this day.  In more recent years, this time of year has left my husband and me with more stress than sometimes we have felt we could bear.  It seems that the end of the year has brought out the worst in people in our lives for some reason, and we suffered the effects.

But, alas, I have vowed not to focus on any of that today.  Today has, in fact, been just an ordinary day:  laundry, meal fixing, bill paying.  I do like the feeling of a clean slate.  I enjoy a blank calendar, because that just doesn't last long!  And I enjoy a day to be lazy, which January 1 usually is.

So while I have actually set a few goals (not resolutions -- I break those!), I'm stepping into 2013 with no expectations.

May you have a better 2013 than 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment