Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Be Still My Heart...

Based on this idea, I created a little heart wreath to add to my meager Valentine decoration collection:  http://fiberflux.blogspot.com/2012/01/tinyone-round-hearts-by-jennifer.html

 I believe the original instructions were to use old cardboard (like a cereal box) as the backing.  I decided to rethink that for mine, and as I was looking around for options, I found a round plastic canvas in some of the craft supplies I was getting rid of.  At first, I thought I'd cover the whole thing with hearts, but then I decided to cut out the center so it would be a wreath.

I decided to use some of the buttons out of my sewing box and added them with the hearts to the circle.  However, I had not covered the whole circle in yarn and little bits of the plastic were peaking through.  That's when I stopped at two hearts and added the pink yarn to the whole of the base.

I finished adding hearts with buttons and then added the ribbon.

This project cost me nothing!  That's what I loved the most about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment