Thursday, August 15, 2013

Do You Have a Plan? (Pinterest-Inspired)

I love to organize and be organized!  Since school started again this week, we're working on getting back into a routine.  One of the things I swore I was going to do was to have some type of board that would allow me to write the schedule for the week in order to help keep the kids in the loop (and avoid the constant questions of what we are doing when).

I found this great idea for a dry erase frame on Pinterest and knew I could create something similar to make me happy.  Since the kids are in school all day, I don't need a lot of space just to fill in what days we have volleyball, cross-country, etc.

Using some great patterned paper that I had on hand that would work with the Haitian color scheme in my kitchen, I put this together.  I didn't quite get it hung on the wall, since I didn't realize that I needed a level for this frame (and everyone's already in bed).  That will be my task for tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Leslie, and it looks useful, too. How did you make it exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, the frame was purchased at Walmart (about $11.00). I typed the days of the week on the computer with varied fonts and printed those out on white cardstock. I made those rectangles 2-1/2" by 4-1/2". I used patterned paper in the background, cut at 4" x 6" to fit the picture opening. I adhered the cardstock onto the patterned paper and put it in the frames.

    ReplyDelete